Please take note of the Alta Vista Bicycle Rules below and the "Rules of the Road," which outline rules for riding on the street and sidewalk. Our bicycle rules are strict because we care about the safety of students. Remember that riding to school is a privilege. Students may lose the privilege for riding a bicycle to school if the rules are not followed.BICYCLE RULES
1. Students in Grades 4 - 5 only may ride bikes/scooters to Alta Vista School, but must have signed a bicycle contract to do so. The bicycle contract can be downloaded by clicking HERE
. Please sign and return the contract to the office.
2. Students younger than 4th grade may only ride to school when accompanied by an adult.
3. Bicycle, scooter, or skateboard riders MUST wear safety helmets for their own protection.
4. Bicycles must be walked on sidewalks around the school and inside the school grounds. We have a NO WHEELS rule inside the school grounds, meaning NO bikes, skateboards, scooters or other wheels may be ridden on campus grounds during school hours.
5. Bicycles must be parked in one of the bicycle racks located inside the school grounds by Room 21. Due to space and fire codes we discourage scooters being kept in the classrooms, however, at this time it is up to individual teacher discretion. Alta Vista is not responsible for lost or stolen items brought to school.
6. No motorized bicycles or skateboards are to be ridden to school. Motorized bicycles/scooters are not allowed on the school grounds at any time.
7. Bicycles and scooters may be ridden on the blacktop area after 3:30 pm on school days, but not before school. Please do not ride in the hallways.Bicycle Safety “Rules of the Road”
1. Rules for Riding on the Street:
2. Rules for Riding on the Sidewalk: