The Alta Vista Safety Patrol is comprised of our 5th graders who actively participate in keeping the safety and order of our students before and after school. Drop-off and pick-up traffic control are just some of the many responsibilities these amazing students assume.
Teacher Supervisor: Mrs. Hammer
- assists students in safely getting in and out cars in the loading/unloading zone.
- helps children develop sound habits in the use of street safety.
- fosters qualities of leadership, responsibility and good citizenship in Patrol members.
Rules and Procedures:
- Wear proper gear at all times.
- No talking to other students while on duty.
- BE SAFE and AWARE at ALL TIMES!!
- DO Not step off curb to open doors until car has come to a complete stop.
- Call for a substitute from another team if you cannot make it.
- Be on time.
- Be courteous to adults and students.
- Be respectful of your captain and fellow officers.
- Make sure to get/ make up any missed worked.
- Whatever position you sign up for in the morning is the position you will be doing in the afternoon.
- Patrol officers working at crosswalks or driveways have first priority for whistles.
- Whistles should only be used when necessary for safety.
- Make sure to keep traffic moving to most forward position before opening doors.
Times for service:
- Morning duty begins at 8:00 a.m.
- That means you need to be IN YOUR GEAR by 8:00 a.m.
- Afternoon duty begins at 2:37 p.m.
- That means you do not leave class any earlier than 2:35 p.m.
- Wednesday afternoon duty begins at 1:13 p.m.
- That means you do not leave class any earlier than 1:11 p.m.